Category: Superintendent Blog
Links Division Report – August 2018
- Greens have been performing very well over the past few weeks. Green speeds have averaged approximately 10” 6” with the Stimpmetre since July 15.
- Greens received a solid tine aerification.
- There is some disease activity on the putting surfaces. The active pathogen is call Anthracnose and infects primarily the annual bluegrass. The creeping bentgrass on the greens is able to resist infection and as such we are willing to leave this disease untreated in order to promote the growth of bentgrass. We will closely monitor the overall condition of the putting surfaces and make a fungicide application if deemed necessary.
Tees and Fairways
- Tees received a solid tine aerification to promote gas exchange and infiltration of water.
- We have installed a battery powered controller on the 3rd hole where the sprinklers run along the residences on the left side of the hole. These sprinklers were previously operated manually as no wires were installed to allow connection to the central irrigation control system. This controller will provide much more consistent irrigation and save the time related to operating them manually. We will install the same controllers to operate the manually operated sprinklers behind 5 tee and on the left side of the 8th hole.
- Verti-cutting and topdressing of greens
March 2018 Report – click here to view
April 2018 Report – click here to view
May 2018 Report – click here to view
June 2018 Report – click here to view
July 2018 Report – click here to view